Silent Auction, April 28th , 4:00-5:30 pm, across from the Exhibits Hall
We will again be holding a Silent Auction to benefit the society. Money raised this year will help fund ARLIS/NA student travel awards. In line with the theme of the conference, “Crafting our Future,” we’d love to feature the Arts and Crafts of our members.
***Donations might include, but are not limited to jewelry, small photographic prints, knitted/crocheted/sewn goods, small prints, sculptures, paintings, etc.
Past popular items have been regional foods and beverages (that do not require refrigeration).
We’re open to all “transportable” items. Please be mindful that the winning bidders must carry or ship these treasures home. Think foldable and packable.
As always, we look forward to the wonderful baskets that our Chapters donate to the auction. We encourage Chapters to assemble their baskets at the conference and drop them off at the Conference Registration Desk rather than shipping them in advance.
We have just posted an online gallery on Facebook of the Silent Auction donations we have received so far, and more are coming in! Note, you do not need a Facebook account to view the photo album, so please Click here!
If shipping donations in advance, they must be received by Friday, April 12th (a mere 2 weeks from now!). Hand-carried items must be dropped off at the Registration desk by 5pm on Saturday, April 27th, but you must still fill out the online Donation Form by Friday, April 12th.
In the Events section of the conference web site, you’ll find the link to the Donation form and more details about the event. Below are some FAQs and answers that may be of help.
1. You can see a gallery of the images on Facebook and Pinterest which can be linked to from any of the web pages of the conference web site. We are working on getting a direct link to the Pinterest board on the Events web page.
2. The link to the donation form is a bit buried in the text on the Events web page. It is in the section with the heading Donating Auction Items. Here is a direct link: http://www.arlisna.org/donationform.taf
3. Consider putting your chapter donation in a tote bag or something else that is foldable. Stiff baskets are hard to fly with!
4. If you are donating a handmade item please send a jpeg image of the item (if you are done making it of course!) to firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting the donation form.
5. Reminder: Individual donated items may be combined with other items into lots and groups of donated items may be separated at the discretion of the Silent Auction committee. We will leave chapter “baskets” as is. We also do not foresee the need to combine handmade items together. If this makes you hesitant to donate please contact us and we can discuss your individual situation.
***Special tip for soliciting donations: If you work at an institution that has merchandise, consider asking your “store” to donate something to the auction.
Thanks so much for your donations!
Teresa Soleau (Silent Auction Co-Chair)
Nancy Norris, Pasadena 2013 Publicity Chair